Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gluten Free Meal Ideas


Image : http://www.flickr.com


When I say I am gluten free, most people still do not know what that means. We have covered the "why" in a few past newsletters but I thought I would help some of you who are still confused with the "what". What do I eat? What could you eat if you were to try going gluten free? I made a list of some of my favorite meals and snacks to help!

Breakfast

o Oatmeal with Yogurt
o Gluten Free Cereal
o Breakfast Burrito made with Corn Tortilla
o Eggs
o Cottage Cheese
o Gluten free toast with peanut butter
o Gluten free bagel and egg sandwich
o Energy First Protein Shake

Lunch and Dinner

o Salad with grilled chicken or steak
o Fish with vegetables or rice
o Any meat, veggie with rice or potato
o Sausage link and polenta
o Grilled Cheese and Ham( or Turkey, Beef, etc) made with GF Bread

Snacks

o Fruit and cheese
o Rice crackers with cheese or peanut butter
o Lara Bar or Think Thin Bar
o Energy First Protein Shake

Dessert

o Chocolate
o Gluten free brownies, cake, cookies
o Ice Cream and Sorbet
o Fruit with Yogurt
o Hot Chocolate

Besides the side effect of weight loss, people are curing chronic conditions and healing themselves by eliminating gluten from their diets.. I wanted to impress upon you that this is a medical condition- not a fad diet. Gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley.

I encourage you to try JUST 2 weeks to see how you do. If you can extend if for one month because you are someone who has one of these auto-immune disorders, we have seen that 1 month can heal many skin conditions and decrease chronic pain and arthritis.

Beer Brewing Ice Cream Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment