Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Low Carb Solution For Hot Cereal!


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Here is a low carb solution for hot cereal for this cold weather we are experiencing. I love a hot bowl of oatmeal on cold mornings. We seem to have an over abundance of those mornings lately. One big problem I find is regular oatmeal is not allowed on a low carb eating program. (5 grams of carbs, or less) This morning I set out to look for a solution to my dilemma!

I am on the Metabolism Miracle program and woke up craving a bowl of hot cereal. I got out my book, and low and behold, I found recipe for "A Taste of Hot Cereal". This is listed as a no carb count. I am posting the recipe below for anyone who misses oatmeal as much as I do!

A Taste of Hot "Cereal"?

1/4 cup finely chopped almonds (I used prepackaged sliced almonds)
1/4 cup finely chopped Brazil nuts (I substituted walnut halves)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup light cream
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 packet Splenda
Pinch of salt

In a food processor, finely process the almonds, Brazil nuts (or walnuts) and sesame seeds. Place the nut mixture in a microwave-safe cereal bowl.

Add the butter, light cream, cinnamon, Splenda, and salt (if desired) and mix well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until the butter is melted. Stir, close your eyes and think "hot cereal." I was really pleasantly surprised and hope you will be too.

As an update on my progress on the Metabolism Miracle program... December was not a good month to start a new eating program. Faced with 4 birthdays, a Christmas gathering with some dear friends, Christmas and New Year's, I must admit towards the end I strayed from what I should have been eating.

I want to encourage everyone who has set out to lose weight and either following this program or any other for that matter, do not give up. I have had a hard time getting back to basics but am determined to succeed. Sad to say this past week was the first week I was able to "totally" be true to what I should be doing. In any event, I have not gained back any of the weight I lost (15 pounds) and have lost another two or three. So I encourage you all when you have times where you slip away from your eating program, DO NOT GIVE UP!! The weight did not suddenly appear on your body overnight and contrary to what we would like to see, it is not going to melt away overnight.

I hope that you enjoy this "Hot Cereal recipe. I have tried recipes on other programs in the past and even my pets would not eat what I had prepared. The Metabolism Miracle book has quite a few recipes in it and everyone that I have tried so far have been very tasty. Even my grandchildren have said they thought they tasted good.

Learn more about what I do at http://fullservicemarketingtools.com

Ice Cream Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment